Assistant Project Engineer.
This role would suit someone looking for a different offering from the commercial engineering sector; a fast-paced, dynamic and growing business, where being at the cutting edge doesn’t mean being shackled to a desk. AEON is an employee led business and believes that flexibility and project-ownership results in an engaged and hardworking workforce.
AEON Engineering Ltd. are recruiting an Assistant Project Engineer. As part of this role, you will be joining the team based in North Staffordshire, to assist in the delivery of Projects across multiple sites. These projects range from Scientific R&D to Industrial Processing. An applicant with varied experience, and a practical and positive attitude will be successful. You should thrive in a multidisciplinary engineering environment and understand how to use your skills and experience to add value and quality.
Day to day, you will be working alongside a variety of Engineers and Project Managers, owning tasks, as well as gaining experience from Senior Members of the Team. This could include Design, Project Scheduling, Report preparation and Review or Research/Investigation.
You will be working with a variety of clients and suppliers so will be able to communicate and manage these relationships successfully. This will include site visits that could be national or international so a willingness to travel, as well as access to a car (with a full, clear driving licence) is a requirement of this Role.
Ongoing training and development are integral to AEON, as is knowledge sharing across our business areas. AEON’s ambition is for its staff to grow the business, and to have a stake in its success. AEON’s approach is different – Our ethos is ‘Redefining Possibilities’, it outlines who we are and what we do.
A successful candidate will relish a challenge, have a positive and logical attitude and willingness to learn. It is important to provide clients with the highest value services attainable, so it is expected that you take ownership of your work, and adhere to AEON’s stringent quality management system.
In addition to your primary responsibilities, you shall be required to impart your expertise by performing peer reviews, to dedicate time toward up-skilling and mentoring junior staff. As part of the work that AEON does, applicants may be required to submit to a DBS check as part of their recruitment, and /or continued employment (Project depending).
- Engineering Degree or equivalent Experience
- Experience of working in an Engineering Environment
- Understanding (and experience) of working within QMS frameworks, Engineering Documentation, Design Gates, RAMS and FMECA
- Understanding of Standard Manufacturing Techniques
- Ability to Travel, and have access to a Car
- Excellent personable skills; an ability to develop relationships and handle multiple stakeholders
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to manage own time and efforts
- Adaptable, flexible approach to work
- Electrical Engineering experience
- MS Project experience/understanding
- Experience working with CAD modelling systems; 3D desirable
- Mentoring experience
Interested? What happens next?
Easy, send some information about yourself to enquiries(at)aeon-eng.com – As a minimum we’ll need:
- A Covering Letter
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- Some Contact Details (email, telephone number and address)
- A confirmation that you can supply two “right-to-work” documents